Description of Project :
The Broadlands project is located on the middle reaches of the Kelani river. The project is located near the confluence of the Maskeli Oya and the Kehelgamu Oya. The project entails the construction of;
1. A 24 m high concrete gravity main dam.
2. A concrete gravity diversion weir of height 19 m shall be constructed on the Kehelgamu Oya.
3. A run of the river type power plant (35 MW)
4. Construction of a 4 km long overhead power transmission line
Description of Services Provided:
• Project Management and related functions at all levels including periodic review of budget estimates and administration of cash flow.
• Act as the Engineer in the implementation of the project
• Control and monitor the project in every stage of the Project until successful completion and to the end of the defect notification period.
• Inspection, testing of equipment during manufacturing as per the specifications set out
• Site supervision of civil works, structural works, electro- mechanical erection, testing during erection, commissioning and assistance during provisional acceptance and during performance tests.
• Review and supervision of training procedures including operation and maintenance training programmes, to be carried out by the Contractor.