Description of Project :
The project entails pumping 300 MCM/Year of water from the Mahaweli Ganga at Kalinganuwara by 3 Nos. pumps (rated @ 15m3/sec, 25 m head), through twin steel pipes 2.5 m dia, 9km length to Angamedilla Anicut at Amban Ganga. Water is pumped from the Anicut to the upper Elahera canal by 3 Nos. pumps (rated @ 15 m3/sec, 50 m head), through twin steel pipelines 2.5 m dia and 11 km in length, and discharged into tanks in the North Central province thereby enhancing the capacity to provide water during the dry season.
Description of Services Provided:
The consultation task was to prepare a Detail Project Report (DPR) to obtain EPC proposal.
• Review of Pre–Feasibility study report.
• Designs associated with the Intake structures, Pumps, Pumphouse, Pipelines, Electrical and Hydro Mechanical designs.
• Engineering Survey of the project.
• Geotechnical Investigations.
• Sedimentation studies of the Mahaweli river.
• Prepare Engineers estimate and Bidding Documents.