CECB has been engaged by the Ministry of Transport and Sri Lanka Railways as the Consultant for several major railway construction projects in Sri Lanka.
1. Design/Design review of bridges & viaducts including foundations, ground improvements, tunnels, culverts, overpasses, underpasses, slope stabilizations, railway track, station buildings, signaling and telecommunication and other infrastructure requirements.
2. Pre and post Contract management.
3. Construction Supervision including Quality Control & Other Consultancy Works associated with the projects.
Some of the work carried out by us;
1. Supervision of construction of railway bridges supplied under Austrian Line of Credit (2004-2006)
2. Upgrading of 118 km long railway line from Kaluthara South to Matara (2009-2012)
3. Extension of running shed at Galle
4. Construction of new maintenance workshops for Diesel Multiple Units and buildings at Aluthgama & Dematagoda.
5. Reconstruction of Northern Railway Reconstruction Projects from Medawachchiya to Thalaimannar Pier of 106km long and Omanthai to Kankesanthurai of 146kmlong including provision of Signalling and Telecommunication system from Anuradhapura to Kankesanthurai and from Medawachchiya to Thalaimannar Pier
6. Construction supervision of new railway line from Matara to Beliatta 28 km
7. Proposed new Railway line from Kurunegala to Habarana
8. Upgrading of Railway line from Maho to Omanthai